Your Arctic Spa has been thoroughly tested during the manufacturing process to
ensure reliability and long-term customer satisfaction. Before filling the spa, wipe
the spa shell clean with a soft rag.
The following instructions must be read and followed exactly to ensure a successful start-up or refill.
- Ensure the electrical connections have been made in accordance with this manual and that the supply cable has not been damaged in any way.
- Ensure all O-Rings have been installed into unions and unions have been tightened sufficiently.
- Ensure all ball valves are open, and the drain has been closed.
- Using a garden hose with a pre-filter, fill the spa with pre-filtered water to the bottom of the pillows.
- Once the spa is filled to the proper level, turn the power to the spa on, by turning on the RCD breaker in your panel.
- The jet pump, heating system and all internal plumbing will achieve a partial prime as the spa is filled. To check the operation of the jet system and to remove any remaining air from the plumbing system, follow these steps:
a) All Models: Push the Pump 1 button twice to turn the pump to high speed. Allow to run for 1 minute.
b) Signature, Ultra, and Legend series: Push Pump 2 button also. This pump runs at high speed only. Run for one minute.
c) Legend series only: Push Pump 3 button also. This pump runs at high speed only. Run for one minute. Once the jet system is fully operational (as indicated by strong, non-surging jets), priming of the spa is complete. Push each Pump button once to turn the pumps off.
d) Epic Series ONLY – Press Pump 4, or 5 also.IMPORTANT: Weak or surging jets are an indication of a low water, a clogged filter cartridge, or an improperly adjusted filter weir.
- Adjust the chemicals and balance the water according to your dealer’s instructions. A guideline is also included in this manual, under the Water Maintenance Section.
- Set the temperature control to the desired temperature (between 38°C and 40°C or 100ºF and 104ºF), then place the insulated cover on the spa and allow the water temperature to stabilize (approximately 16 hours). Make sure you secure the cover in place using the cover locks. Periodically check the spa water temperature. When the water temperature climbs above 29°C, proceed to the next step.
- Test and Adjust Sanitizer level (Chlorine ideal 1 – 3 ppm or Bromine ideal 3 – 5 ppm).
- You can set the temperature (between 38°C and 40°C, 100°F to 104°F) by pressing the TEMP ( + ) and TEMP ( – ) buttons on the control panel.
The spa will normally come up to temperature within 16 to 24 hours. Replace the spa cover while the temperature is reaching the set point.
IMPORTANT: For safety, you can lock your desired temperature setting. Refer to the Topside Control Panel section for details.